Using a card access control system over traditional physical keys for your small business offers a range of benefits. Here are some of the key advantages:
1. Enhanced Security:
– Only individuals with the appropriate card can access specific areas.
– The system can log every entry and exit, allowing for a review of who accessed the building and when.
2. Cost-Effective in the Long Run:
– While the initial investment might be higher, in the long run, it can be more cost-effective than traditional keys, especially if there are frequent lock changes or lost keys.
– No need to replace locks if a card is lost. Simply deactivate the card.
3. Easy Access Management:
– Quickly grant or revoke access for employees or contractors without the need to physically distribute or collect keys.
– Different levels of access can be granted to different employees based on their roles.
4. Reduced Risk of Duplication:
– It is more difficult for someone to duplicate an access card compared to a traditional key.
– Advanced systems can use encrypted signals or other secure methods to prevent cloning.
5. Integration with Other Systems:
– Access control systems can often be integrated with other security systems, like CCTV or alarm systems.
– Some systems can be paired with time and attendance software, helping to streamline HR processes.
6. No Lost Keys:
– Physical keys can be lost, misplaced, or stolen, leading to potential security threats or the need to replace locks.
– With card systems, if a card is lost, it can be quickly deactivated.
7. Audit Trail Capabilities:
– Modern systems can keep detailed logs, enabling businesses to review access records and patterns.
– This can be useful for investigating incidents or understanding employee behavior.
– Cards can also be used for other applications, such as vending machines, printers, or time clock systems within the business premises.
9. User Convenience:
– Users don’t need to carry bulky keys. A single card can grant them access to multiple areas or even multiple buildings.
– Some systems allow for the use of mobile devices as access controllers, further simplifying the user experience.
10. Reduced Wear and Tear:
– Unlike traditional locks, which can wear out with frequent use, electronic card readers typically have a longer lifespan with less physical degradation.
11. Emergency Protocols:
– In the event of emergencies, such as fires or security breaches, access control systems can be programmed to unlock all doors, allowing for quick evacuation.
While these benefits make a compelling case for card access control systems, it’s essential for businesses to conduct a thorough assessment of their needs and the available options. Some businesses might find a hybrid approach (using both physical keys and access cards) to be more suitable, depending on their unique requirements and budget constraints.
We offer a number of platforms to meet the needs of your business. If you are located in the Delaware Valley contact us today. https://systems-integrations.com/contact